Answer Key: Direct Indirect

Indirect Speech Worksheet - Answer Key

Indirect Speech Worksheet (Answer Key)

1.
Riya: What are you reading now?
Diya: I am reading Blackbuck at this time.
Riya: Let's visit the Crossword library.
Riya asked Diya what she was reading then[span_0](start_span)[span_0](end_span). Riya replied that she was reading Blackbuck at that time[span_1](start_span)[span_1](end_span). Riya suggested that they should visit the Crossword library[span_2](start_span)[span_2](end_span).
2.
The angel touched the model of the mother and said, "It's too soft.[span_3](start_span)"[span_3](end_span)
"No, it's very tough," said the Lord. "You cannot imagine what this mother can do and endure.[span_4](start_span)"[span_4](end_span)
"Can it think?" asked the angel[span_5](start_span)[span_5](end_span).
The angel touched the model of the mother and said that it was too soft[span_6](start_span)[span_6](end_span). Disagreeing, the Lord said that it was very tough and added that he (the angel) could not imagine what that mother could do and endure[span_7](start_span)[span_7](end_span). The angel asked the Lord if it could think[span_8](start_span)[span_8](end_span).
3.
Krupa: What are you going to do tomorrow?[span_9](start_span)[span_9](end_span)
Vinod: I will visit the seashore[span_10](start_span)[span_10](end_span).
Krupa: With whom will you go?[span_11](start_span)[span_11](end_span)
Vinod: With my cousin[span_12](start_span)[span_12](end_span).
Krupa asked Vinod what he was going to do the next day[span_13](start_span)[span_13](end_span). Vinod answered that he would visit the seashore[span_14](start_span)[span_14](end_span). Krupa then asked him with whom he would go[span_15](start_span)[span_15](end_span). Vinod replied that he would go with his cousin[span_16](start_span)[span_16](end_span).
4.
Sharad: Let's go for a walk[span_17](start_span)[span_17](end_span).
Maitri: Where shall we go?[span_18](start_span)[span_18](end_span)
Sharad: We shall go to the seashore[span_19](start_span)[span_19](end_span).
Maitri: Wow! That's a good idea[span_20](start_span)[span_20](end_span)!
Sharad suggested Maitri that they should go for a walk[span_21](start_span)[span_21](end_span). Maitri asked him where they would go[span_22](start_span)[span_22](end_span). Sharad replied that they would go to the seashore[span_23](start_span)[span_23](end_span). Maitri exclaimed with joy that that was a good idea[span_24](start_span)[span_24](end_span).
5.
Passenger: Take this heavy bag to my office[span_25](start_span)[span_25](end_span).
Coolie: Sir, it will cost more[span_26](start_span)[span_26](end_span).
Passenger: Don't worry. I will pay 100 rupees for it[span_27](start_span)[span_27](end_span).
The passenger asked the coolie to take that heavy bag to his office[span_28](start_span)[span_28](end_span). The coolie respectfully said that it would cost more[span_29](start_span)[span_29](end_span). The passenger told the coolie not to worry and added that he would pay 100 rupees for it[span_30](start_span)[span_30](end_span).
6.
Kirti: What is your ambition?[span_31](start_span)[span_31](end_span)
Jahnavi: Nothing big. I want to become a great teacher[span_32](start_span)[span_32](end_span).
Kirti: How noble your ambition is! Let's achieve it together[span_33](start_span)[span_33](end_span).
Kirti asked Jahnavi what her ambition was[span_34](start_span)[span_34](end_span). Jahnavi replied that it was nothing big and added that she wanted to become a great teacher[span_35](start_span)[span_35](end_span). Kirti exclaimed with admiration that her ambition was very noble and suggested that they should achieve it together[span_36](start_span)[span_36](end_span).
7.
Prathvi: What do you say about my project?[span_37](start_span)[span_37](end_span)
Heer: I can say nothing but excellent[span_38](start_span)[span_38](end_span).
Prathvi: Thank you, dear[span_39](start_span)[span_39](end_span).
Prathvi asked Heer what she said about her project[span_40](start_span)[span_40](end_span). Heer replied that she could say nothing but excellent[span_41](start_span)[span_41](end_span). Prathvi lovingly thanked her[span_42](start_span)[span_42](end_span).
8.
Rahul: Let's visit the Taj Mahal[span_43](start_span)[span_43](end_span).
Kavya: Wow! What a wonderful idea it is[span_44](start_span)[span_44](end_span)!
Rahul: Are you ready to come with me?[span_45](start_span)[span_45](end_span)
Rahul suggested to Kavya that they should visit the Taj Mahal[span_46](start_span)[span_46](end_span). Kavya exclaimed with joy that it was a wonderful idea[span_47](start_span)[span_47](end_span). Rahul asked her if she was ready to go with him[span_48](start_span)[span_48](end_span).
9.
Prem: Are you going to meet my principal today, Ritu?[span_49](start_span)[span_49](end_span)
Ritu: Yes, I will solve your problem[span_50](start_span)[span_50](end_span).
Prem: Thank you. Let's go to the principal's office[span_51](start_span)[span_51](end_span).
Prem asked Ritu if she was going to meet his principal that day[span_52](start_span)[span_52](end_span). Replying in the affirmative, Ritu assured him that she would solve his problem[span_53](start_span)[span_53](end_span). Thanking her, Prem suggested that they should go to the principal's office[span_54](start_span)[span_54](end_span).
10.
Girishbhai: Did you participate as a teacher in the Teacher's Day celebration?[span_55](start_span)[span_55](end_span)
Bharat: Yes, sir. I did. I taught English[span_56](start_span)[span_56](end_span).
Girishbhai: How did you prepare?[span_57](start_span)[span_57](end_span)
Girishbhai asked Bharat if he had participated as a teacher in the Teacher's Day celebration[span_58](start_span)[span_58](end_span)[span_59](start_span)[span_59](end_span). Bharat politely replied that he had and added that he had taught English[span_60](start_span)[span_60](end_span). Girishbhai asked him how he had prepared[span_61](start_span)[span_61](end_span).
11.
Adi: How do you create new games on your computer?[span_62](start_span)[span_62](end_span)
Abhi: It's easy. You can also create games[span_63](start_span)[span_63](end_span).
Adi: Please teach me[span_64](start_span)[span_64](end_span).
Adi asked Abhi how he created new games on his computer[span_65](start_span)[span_65](end_span). Abhi replied that it was easy and added that he could also create games[span_66](start_span)[span_66](end_span). Adi requested Abhi to teach him[span_67](start_span)[span_67](end_span).
12.
Krishna: When will you return my camera?[span_68](start_span)[span_68](end_span)
Yesha: I may return it to you tomorrow[span_69](start_span)[span_69](end_span).
Krishna: But I need it today as I'm going to Mumbai[span_70](start_span)[span_70](end_span).
Krishna asked Yesha when she would return his camera[span_71](start_span)[span_71](end_span). Yesha replied that she might return it the following day[span_72](start_span)[span_72](end_span). Krishna insisted that he needed it that day as he was going to Mumbai[span_73](start_span)[span_73](end_span).
13.
Mahek: What do you say about my performance?[span_74](start_span)[span_74](end_span)
Kartik: I can say that you have done it gracefully today[span_75](start_span)[span_75](end_span).
Mahek: Thank you, Kartik[span_76](start_span)[span_76](end_span).
Mahek asked Kartik what he said about her performance[span_77](start_span)[span_77](end_span). Kartik replied that he could say she had done it gracefully that day[span_78](start_span)[span_78](end_span). Mahek thanked Kartik[span_79](start_span)[span_79](end_span).
14.
Shubhangi: Please tell me about migratory birds[span_80](start_span)[span_80](end_span).
Devangi: Every year we have thousands of birds as our guests from Europe, Siberia and other cold countries[span_81](start_span)[span_81](end_span).
Shubhangi: How do they travel without any map?[span_82](start_span)[span_82](end_span)
Shubhangi requested Devangi to tell her about migratory birds[span_83](start_span)[span_83](end_span). Devangi told Shubhangi that every year they had thousands of birds as their guests from Europe, Siberia and other cold countries[span_84](start_span)[span_84](end_span). Shubhangi asked Devangi how they travelled without any map[span_85](start_span)[span_85](end_span).
15.
Yagnesh: Have you watched the movie Kantara?[span_86](start_span)[span_86](end_span)
Trupati: No, I haven't[span_87](start_span)[span_87](end_span).
Yagnesh: I am sending you on Telegram[span_88](start_span)[span_88](end_span).
Trupati: Thank you[span_89](start_span)[span_89](end_span).
Yagnesh asked Trupati if she had watched the movie Kantara[span_90](start_span)[span_90](end_span). Trupati replied in the negative[span_91](start_span)[span_91](end_span). Yagnesh told her that he was sending her on Telegram[span_92](start_span)[span_92](end_span). Trupati thanked Yagnesh[span_93](start_span)[span_93](end_span).
16.
Yash: When are you going to the Prerana programme, Vadnagar?[span_94](start_span)[span_94](end_span)
Shreya: Around June, 2025[span_95](start_span)[span_95](end_span).
Yash: How lucky you are! Only one boy and one girl from the entire district get this opportunity[span_96](start_span)[span_96](end_span).
Shreya: Yes, I am so happy[span_97](start_span)[span_97](end_span).
Yash asked Shreya when she was going to the Prerana Programme, Vadnagar[span_98](start_span)[span_98](end_span). Shreya replied that she would go around June, 2025[span_99](start_span)[span_99](end_span). Yash exclaimed with praise that she was very lucky because only one boy and one girl from the entire district got that opportunity[span_100](start_span)[span_100](end_span). Shreya agreed and added that she was very happy[span_101](start_span)[span_101](end_span).
17.
Warrior: Now, I am ready to die. Split my head in two[span_102](start_span)[span_102](end_span).
Youth: You're a murderer. But I've learnt much from you in these last few years. How can I kill my teacher?[span_103](start_span)[span_103](end_span)
The warrior said that he was ready to die then and requested to split his head in two[span_104](start_span)[span_104](end_span). The youth told him that he was a murderer but he had learnt much from him in those last few years[span_105](start_span)[span_105](end_span). He further asked how he could kill his teacher[span_106](start_span)[span_106](end_span).
18.
"Do you want to buy a basket?" she asked. "They are very strong, made of the finest cane.[span_107](start_span)"[span_107](end_span)
"No," I said, "I don't want a basket.[span_108](start_span)"[span_108](end_span)
"Please buy something. I haven't sold anything today," she said[span_109](start_span)[span_109](end_span).
She asked me if I wanted to buy a basket and added that they were very strong, made of the finest cane[span_110](start_span)[span_110](end_span). Replying in the negative, I told her that I didn't want a basket[span_111](start_span)[span_111](end_span). She requested me to buy something and added that she hadn't sold anything that day[span_112](start_span)[span_112](end_span).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grammar - Prepositions